- We use top of the range 50-seater executive coaches on all our coach tours.
- On our Extended Tours of 12 days, 10 days, 9 days or 8 days, there will be a maximum number of 30 guests on board the coach to allow guests extra room to spread out.
- On our Short Stay Tours of 3 days or 6 days, there will be a maximum number of 40 guests on board the coach allowing some extra space to move around the coach. Average loadings are below 40 guests.
- We do not offer WiFi on-board our coaches as in certain parts of the country, there is little to no coverage and consistency of service as well as doing what we say, is important to us. However, all the included hotels have WiFi available. Please ask the hotel for further details.
- Yes, all our coaches have a WC on board, regardless of the length of the tour.
- In order to provide the most reliable service for our customers, we remain in close contact with all our hotels and attractions, so that any dietary requirements will be treated carefully. For us to process the request effectively, please Email us at email@example.com no later than 14 days before you travel.
- Yes we can arrange this. Extra fees will apply and we can notify you of the cost of the supplement. Please Email us your arrival and departure date and we will liaise with our hotel partners and advise your accordingly. Additional nights’ stay in the same hotel are subject to availability.
- Heathrow airport is the recommended airport to fly into for guests travelling from long haul destinations. All our tours depart from the ‘Marble Arch’ area which is located in zone 1 in central London. Heathrow is located 25 km from Marble Arch. It also has the widest number of travel options. The most economical means of getting from Heathrow airport is to take the Elizabeth Line (Overground) train from Heathrow and alight at ‘Bond Street’ station. You would then need to switch to the Central Line (Undergound) train and travel one stop, Westbound, to alight at ‘Marble Arch’.
- Gatwick airport is located 62 km south of Marble Arch and is not on the Underground network. You can however travel by train into central London or take the Gatwick Express (the latter requires a bespoke ticket and is significantly more expensive than travel by train). Please also note that on arrival into central London from Gatwick you will have to change more often on the Underground to get to Marble Arch and there are many more onward stops as compared to the Heathrow journey described above.
- Note: Technically the closest airport to Marble Arch is London City Airport, located 17 km from Marble Arch. However, the airport is serviced by a limited number of short haul airlines only so is not an option for most long-haul travellers that wish to fly directly to London.
- If taking a train or Underground from Heathrow or Gatwick you should be able to pay by tapping your credit or debit card on the turnstiles. Alternatively you can purchase a dedicated ticket from either airport to Marble Arch. We recommend to look for the Lift/Elevator signs in the stations to help avoid steps when carrying suitcases.
- On arrival at ‘Marble Arch’ the Tour Departure point is within a 5-minute walk from the station. Please note that if you have booked our ‘Iconic England Tour – 3 Days’ or ‘London & Iconic England Tour – 6 Days’ you should make your way to the Thistle Marble Arch hotel. If you have booked either the ‘Classic or Deluxe London to Edinburgh Tour – 8 Days’, our ‘Three Countries of Britain Tour – 9 Days’ or ‘The Grand Tour of Britain – 12 Days’ – you should make your way to The Cumberland Hotel. Both hotels are within a short walk from ‘Marble Arch’.
- While airport transfers are not included in the price of our tours, we are happy to quote for these as an add on service to any tour booking. Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your enquiry and we will be happy to quote you a price. Please note we will need your flight details to provide an accurate quote and finalise your airport transfer booking.
- We make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled and mobility-impaired travellers but please be advised that many of the locations on our tours are chosen for their historic significance and are not always suitable for special requirements.
- We welcome guests to Email us with the details of their needs in good time prior to departure (see our General Terms and Conditions) so we can assess the situation and advise accordingly. Our team members cannot provide individual assistance to travellers in many situations, and most of our transportation services are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We recommend that you view our General Terms and Conditions where you will find more specific information.
- British Heritage Tours, operated by Eurowelcome (on behalf of the tour operator if applicable) may allow collapsible wheelchairs that fit within the restrictions (weight under 10kg, 1030mm/40.55" length x 555mm/21.85" width) when travel with a wheelchair is disclosed to Eurowelcome.
- Foldable wheelchairs (under 10kg) can be stored under the coach. A member of your party must be able to lift the wheelchair in and out of the vehicle without the assistance of the driver, guide or one of our team members.
- There is no minimum or maximum age to join our tours. Infants (0-2 years) go free on the tour on the basis they will sit on the parent’s lap. There is no legal requirement in the UK to supply child seats on coaches. Guests are welcome to bring their own child seat so long as they only take up one coach seat (we can provide measurements if required – please Email us) and the child seats are the normal 3 point seatbelt type. Additional charges may apply at the hotels on the tour if the infant requires a cot. Any such charges would need to be settled by the guest with the hotel on an independent basis.
- Infants of 0-2 years can travel for free on the basis they will not occupy a seat. Please refer to point 10 regarding any additional charges at the hotels featured on our tour.
- Children of 3-12 years will occupy a seat and pay the full tour price less 10%. A discount of 10% from the gross retail price of the tour is valid for a Child of 3-12 years when sharing with 2 Adults in the same room.
- Space in the luggage compartments of the coaches is limited, and the maximum authorised luggage is one suitcase of up to 30 kg per person.
- Yes. When purchasing one of our scheduled tours, we can arrange transportation for your airport pick-up/drop-off to suit your needs, subject to availability. Please Email us your requirements no later than 7 days prior to the departure date of your tour.
- Seating on board our coaches cannot be reserved in advance nor during disembarkation and re-embarkation at various stops during your itinerary.
- When rooms booked together, we will try our best to accommodate you and your group as close as possible. As this is subject to availability, the request cannot be guaranteed.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to upgrade the hotel room type we feature on our tours. We specifically choose our hotels for their comfort and to provide a consistent standard to all our guests.
- Please check the product description for details of the allocated hotel in each destination featured on the tour.
- For operational reasons it is not possible to change the hotel that is allocated in each city. The hotels are carefully chosen to ensure the viability of the itinerary and so we can consistently evaluate the quality of the overall tour. It is important that all our guests receive a consistent experience when travelling with us.
- A Porterage service is available if required at the hotels featured on our tours with the exception of the Hampton by Hilton in Bath. The Hampton by Hilton Bath does not offer a Porterage service at the time of writing. The Hampton by Hilton is our accommodation in Bath when travelling on our ‘Iconic England – 3 Day Tour’ or our ‘London & Iconic England – 6 Day Tour’.
- All the hotels featured on our tours offer a WiFi service. Details can be provided at reception upon check in. All services offered at the hotels are subject to the hotel’s independent terms and conditions.
- If an emergency should occur during your tour, the primary contact will always be your Tour Director / Guide. The Tour Director/Guide will liaise with our office team. We have a 24/7 phone line located in London to deal with any such situations.
- Our tours include a large number of attraction entrances and experiences in the price. In certain locations on certain tours we offer free time sections of the itinerary. At the time of writing we are not able to process requests for additional attraction entrances but it is something that we are considering to offer for the future. Subject to available time, guests may make any such purchases directly with the attraction(s) in each location.
- Yes. Each itinerary is different but features one or more free time sections. Our tours are also more leisurely paced allowing longer in each location.
- Our itineraries are a well-balanced mix of walking and enjoying sites from the comfort of your coach or other form of transport (for example some of our tours include a stream train ride, lake cruise or river cruise).
- The amount of walking can vary, so it is important to bring adequate footwear to ensure your well-being and safety. In some locations the ground can be uneven with cobbled stones, spiral steps or other such terrain.
- We recommend comfortable shoes and clothing and to bring a water-proof jacket and sunscreen. The weather in the UK can be changeable even within one day so it is best to be prepared for all eventualities.
- We carefully plan our itineraries to ensure guests are not travelling on the coach for any more than 3 hours in any one section. Some days will feature more driving than others but
- We specifically choose our Tour Directors/Guides for their warmth, knowledge, story-telling and overall love of our country. Their primary concern is to ensure you have an outstanding tour while travelling with us, and to ensure your well-being and safety throughout.
- Please Email us at email@example.com giving as much detail as possible.
- We have limited storage and can only hold unclaimed items for two weeks, after which time they will be donated or disposed of. Perishable items will be disposed of immediately. You will need to cover postage and handling fees if you are unable to collect the item in person.
- We welcome guests to send their feedback on their tour experience with us. This information is vital to us as we use it to constantly improve the quality of our experience. Please contact us on the listings below and/or review us on TripAdvisor.
- Dogs are not permitted on board coaches with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Policy for Assistance Dogs: Proof and documentary evidence that the dog has been trained by an international dog training organisation would be required; the dog must have completed any applicable quarantine periods that may be applied on entering the UK and have up to date vaccination certificates and other such certificates as required by UK authorities; the dog would have to be secure in a safety harness or placed in a pet carrier that can fit on the floor of the seat next to the owner. The customer is to provide the harness or pet carrier.
Please send any requests to travel with an assistance dog in writing at the time of booking.
If you have a question that is not featured here please do not hesitate to contact our friendly team and we will do our utmost to assist you.
Phone (Mon-Fri, throughout the year):
+ 44 (0) 208 704 5200
(Toll Free): 1-800-456 6303