8 days, 7 nights
- Unearth the iconic and mysterious site of Stonehenge
- Experience the Georgian architecture of beautiful Bath
- Indulge in a 3-course Welsh Dinner with stunning views of Conwy
- Uncover a beautiful sea salt refinery in Wales
- Relax in the fresh air of dramatic Snowdonia
- Discover Strawberry Field – the magical garden escape of John Lennon, with two-course lunch
- Take a breath-taking cruise across Lake Windermere
- Learn how to play the Bagpipes in Glasgow’s most famous school
- Taste a dram or two of whisky in one of Scotland’s celebrated distilleries
- Witness the majestic Edinburgh Castle, home to Scotland’s Crown Jewels
- Travel on a luxury motorcoach with WC on board
- 7 nights’ hotel accommodation (4*)
- 7 x Breakfast
- 1 x Liverpudlian Lunch at Strawberry Field
- 1 x Welsh Dinner in Conwy
- Services of an expert Tour Director
- Entry to Stonehenge
- Walking tour of Bath
- Private tour of Halen Mon sea salt distillery & tasting
- Entry to Caernarfon Castle, Wales
- Panoramic tour of Liverpool
- Entry to Strawberry Field
- Cruise on Lake Windermere
- Private tour of the National Piping Centre, Glasgow
- Private tour of a Scottish whisky distillery with tasting
- Walking tour of Edinburgh
- Entry to Edinburgh Castle, Scotland
- First-Class rail ticket from Edinburgh to London (if option chosen)
- Gratuities (discretionary)
- Transfers before or after your tour
- Accommodation before or after your tour
- Lunch & dinner except where stated
10 Departures from April - October
Tour starts: Day One at 8:45am: Meet your Guide in the lobby of The Cumberland Hotel, 6 Bryanston Street, London W1H 7AN. Tour will depart promptly at 9am.
Tour finishes: Day Eight based on taking Option A or Option B:
- Option A: Concludes after breakfast and check-out (11am) from your Edinburgh hotel
- Option B: Concludes following rail return from Edinburgh into London (London Kings’ Cross station)
- Your tour begins by meeting your expert Tour Director at The Cumberland hotel. Leaving London behind us we head into historic England. Our first stop is Stonehenge - a must-see symbol of Britain and one of the true wonders of the world. Our tour allows you time to not only visit the Monument but enjoy the world-class visitor centre, café and gift shop on site. Explore the many theories as to how the monoliths came to be and take that all-important picture to send back home to your loved ones.
- Your afternoon and evening are spent amidst the stunning Georgian architecture of Bath. On arrival, enjoy some free time for lunch. In the afternoon you can either enjoy your time at leisure or join a fascinating walking tour with your Guide. One of the most picturesque parts of the country, Bath has many highlights from Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, the Holburne Museum (a ‘Bridgerton’ filming location) and gorgeous Sydney Gardens.
- Check into The Indigo Hotel Bath located right in the heart of the City and enjoy your evening at leisure. Bath has numerous restaurants to choose from with an option for all appetites.
- Following a delicious breakfast, enjoy a comfortable coach ride to the charming market town of Ludlow. Positioned in the Shropshire hills, Ludlow has an incredible past. Its market centre is crowned by an impressive castle and dotted with unique shops and charming cafes. Enjoy free time for lunch at your leisure and walk the winding streets down to the impressive wide river that flows through its centre.
- As you travel on through Shropshire enjoy one of England’s official areas of natural beauty, before arriving at stunning Chester. Visit this beautiful city known for its most complete Roman walls, amphitheatre, clock tower and vast array of half-timbered buildings, dating from the 15th century.
- Your day will conclude with check-in at The Quay Hotel & Spa. Relax, unwind and enjoy outstanding views of Conwy Castle across the estuary from the bar and restaurant.
- Evening: We have planned a delicious three course Welsh dinner to mark your arrival in style. Following dinner the rest of your evening is at leisure.
- Wake up in beautiful North Wales! Following a delicious breakfast and check out from your hotel we take a relaxing drive to the edge of the Menai Strait on the Anglesey Coast. At Halen Mon, visit an award-winning Saltcote and Visitor Centre, and one of Wales most innovative food businesses. Take a tour of the refinery to see the process behind creating Wales’s unique sea salt flakes and sample its varieties.
- A short drive away lies Caernarfon Castle, the investiture site of Prince Charles - now His Majesty King Charles III – and the pre-eminent Castle of Wales. It boasts an incredible military museum spread across two of its dominating towers. Don’t miss the imposing statute of Prime Minister Lloyd George standing defiantly outside the Castle walls. You can enjoy some free time to grab a light lunch or save your appetite for the numerous eateries of Betws-y-Coed – a stunning village, nestled in the dramatic mountains of Snowdonia.
- Our day concludes on arrival into the maritime city of Liverpool, world renowned for its musical heritage and once one of the busiest seaports in the world. You will check into your 4 star hotel, located right in the heart of the city and enjoy a relaxing evening at leisure.
- Enjoy a full day in the music capital of the world & birthplace of the most successful band of all time, The Beatles. Relax on a panoramic tour and see the beautiful Liverbirds clock towers, Albert Dock and get an all-important photo with The Beatles iconic statue.
- See John Lennon’s childhood home** before continuing around the corner to your incredible lunch stop. Once a Salvation Army home that inspired one of The Beatles biggest hits, Strawberry Field has been transformed into a world-class visitor attraction with a unique, interactive exhibition set in stunning gardens. Enjoy an included lunch of Liverpool ‘Scouse’ (traditional lamb casserole #) and a delicious dessert.
- We return to the heart of the city to ensure you have free time to enjoy all it offers. Why not take a Ferry ‘Cross The Mersey, visit the free Maritime Museum or soak up the fantastic shopping? The choice is yours.
- Your evening is yours to enjoy at leisure from your centrally located hotel in Liverpool.
- Enjoy a comfortable panoramic ride up to the stunning Lake District. At Haverthwaite step back in time as you continue your journey on an enchanting steam train from the 1950’s. Following a gentle ride to Lakeside your steam train will come to its rest right next to peaceful Lake Windermere.
- Stepping on to your modern ferry, you will glide effortlessly across the water as you relax in one of the most photogenic landscapes of Britain. We disembark in the town of Bowness-on-Windermere where the views across the lake and up to the mountains are some of the finest you will see. You will have free time in Bowness for lunch and to explore its many winding streets with unique shops and places to relax.
- As we continue on towards Scotland, we take a break at Gretna Green and the famous Blacksmith’s Shop that stands at the heart of the village. For over 265 years it was the location where couples would elope from England and Wales to get married. Learn more about this fascinating story, where it all took place.
- On arrival into Glasgow you will check into the AC Marriott hotel and enjoy the evening at leisure.
- Your morning begins with a brief walk from your hotel to the incredible National Piping Centre. You will be greeted at the door by a Piper in full costume, playing a traditional Scottish melody. Experience the unique Bagpipes museum before an experience guaranteed to be a highlight of your trip! Learn how to play the bagpipes with an expert instructor and see what interesting melodies you can make… phones at the ready!
- The stunning views of Scotland’s Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park are the backdrop for our onward adventure. We take our free time for lunch in the picturesque village of Aberfoyle. See the amazing technique of the local shepherds in rounding up sheep in a tradition that goes back hundreds of years.
- No visit to Scotland would be complete without sampling the ‘Water of Life’ at a traditional distillery. Your tour will see you learning how whisky is produced before enjoying up to three ‘drams’ of the finest single malt varieties. You will have the opportunity to visit the gift shop at the distillery.
- The conclusion of your day sees your arrival into Scotland’s hilly capital of Edinburgh, one of the most walkable cities in the world. Your evening is yours to enjoy at leisure from the comfort of your hotel.
- A beautiful, relaxed day awaits as you enjoy the best of Edinburgh. Take a walking tour through the Royal Mile before arriving at Edinburgh Castle where you will enjoy a full, relaxed visit. Highlights include the One O’Clock Gun that has been signifying the correct time for over 160 years, St. Margaret’s Chapel – dating back to the 12th Century – the oldest Crown Jewels in the British Isles & stunning views from Castle Rock.
- Following your visit to Edinburgh Castle, the rest of your day and evening in Edinburgh is yours to enjoy at leisure. Check out the free Scottish National Gallery, walk along Victoria Street – Diagon Alley brought to life – visit one of the wide-ranging whisky shops to choose your perfect bottle, or enjoy the Botanic Gardens located only 1 mile from the city centre.
- The tour concludes in Edinburgh following breakfast and check out from your hotel. Guests may choose the option on this tour to take a First Class Rail Return from Edinburgh to London.
- Guests choosing the Rail Return option should make their way independently to Edinburgh Waverley station to board their First Class train to London Kings’ Cross station. Enjoy the on-board meal service, tea & coffee, Wi-Fi & leg room.
- Your tour ends upon your arrival into London.
- We wish you a smooth onward journey and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Britain.
**We visit the exterior of 251 Menlove Avenue
# A vegetarian/vegan option of Butternut Squash curry is available as an alternative