6 days, 5 nights
- Step inside London’s most infamous fortress at the Tower of London
- Unwind on a serene River Thames cruise
- Gape at the capital from 135 metres high on The London Eye
- Unearth the iconic and mysterious site of Stonehenge
- See the tallest spire in England at Salisbury Cathedral
- Discover the natural spring at the heart of the Roman Baths
- Visit enchanting Lacock, a film location for Harry Potter & Downton Abbey
- Enjoy two nights in Bath with plenty of time to relax and unwind
- Explore majestic Windsor Castle, home to the British Monarchy
- See Queen Elizabeth II’s burial ground at St. George’s Chapel
- Visit the scene of Royal Weddings from ancient times to present day
- Travel on a luxury motorcoach with WC on board
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Bath and 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in London (4 star equivalent)
- 2 x breakfast in Bath & 3 x breakfast in London
- Services of an expert Guide
- Panoramic tour of London
- Entry to The Tower of London
- One way River cruise from Tower to Westminster pier
- A Standard Ticket for the London Eye
- Entry to Stonehenge
- Entry to the Roman Baths
- Walking tour of Salisbury
- Optional walking tour of Bath
- Walking tour of Lacock
- Entry to Windsor Castle
- Gratuities (discretionary)
- Transfers before or after your tour
- Lunch & dinner
- Entry to Salisbury Cathedral
- Entry to Lacock Abbey
Tour starts: Day One: at leisure with check-in to your London hotel - Thistle Marble Arch, Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH.
Tour finishes: Day Six: On check-out (11:00am or before) from Thistle Marble Arch, Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH. The closest tube station is ‘Marble Arch’ (Central Line) or ‘Bond Street’ (Central or Jubilee Line)
- Check into your 4 star hotel at leisure on your first day. The Thistle Marble Arch is located in the heart of the capital and within walking distance of the famous stores of Oxford Street & Regent Street. Around the corner you will find the Wallace Collection, a fascinating exhibition and a great place for a coffee.
- Your adventure begins with an exciting introduction to our capital city! Your amazing guide will bring the stories, myths and legends of the thrilling ‘two cities’ of London to your life on a panoramic tour. Our luxury coaches allow you to travel in comfort with large panoramic windows, and we will be stopping along the way to feel the city as well as see it. Enjoy the historic Changing of the Guard ceremony* – a celebratory display of pageantry guaranteed to stir the emotions.
- You’ve arrived at… The Tower of London! This awe-inspiring fortress is an incredible survivor of a different era. Step inside and feel the atmosphere of bristling political intrigue and imprisonment all around you. See the brand new display of the world-famous Crown Jewels following the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III and The Queen Consort. As well as a guided introduction, you will have time to explore.
- Following free time for lunch, you will board the best cruise in the capital with London’s river experts. See London from the relaxing vantage point of the Thames as you enjoy world-famous landmarks and gain fascinating insights with live guided commentary.
- Your first day concludes with an absolute ‘wow’ as you take to the skies upon the world’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel – The London Eye. Your constantly changing 360-degree view will take you 135 meters above the city as you see all of London spread out before you.
- Enjoy your evening at leisure: continue exploring the amazing sights or head back to your hotel to relax.
- Leaving London behind us we head into historic England. Our first stop is Stonehenge - a must-see symbol of Britain and one of the true wonders of the world. Our tour allows you time to not only visit the Monument but enjoy the world-class visitor centre - and its many historic artefacts that give a clue to their ancient past. Take some time to visit the gift shop with its numerous unique items or grab a coffee in the on-site café.
- Close by is the medieval city of Salisbury, home to its stunning Cathedral, adorned with its incredible spire. On arrival into Salisbury you will be wowed by the sheer size and spectacle of the Cathedral. Enjoy a walking tour of the exterior with your Guide before free time for lunch.
- In the late afternoon, we visit the stunning setting of Bath and home for the next two nights on your tour. One of the most picturesque parts of the country, Bath has numerous highlights from Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, the Holburne Museum (a ‘Bridgerton’ filming location) and gorgeous Sydney Gardens.
- Check into your 4* hotel located right in the heart of the City and enjoy your evening at leisure – the city’s numerous restaurants have an option for all appetites.
- After a delicious breakfast, take a leisurely stroll with your Guide to visit the Roman Baths – during the quietest time of day, before the crowds. Walk in the footsteps of the Romans and explore one of the finest spas of the ancient world. Located below street level you will descend to the site of the Sacred Spring. Naturally hot water of up to 46 degrees Celsius rises here every day, as it has for over 2,000 years. Don’t miss the gilt bronze head of the Goddess Minerva – one of the most important finds of Roman Britain.
- Following your departure from the Roman Baths, and free time for lunch, you can choose to join an optional walking tour of Bath with your guide or enjoy Bath independently. Your evening is yours to enjoy at leisure in this wonderful city.
- The final day of your tour begins with a visit to Lacock village – a location that has inspired many film productions. Enjoy a walking tour with your Guide of some of its highlights including a 14th-century Tithe Barn, and an 18th-century village lock-up, once used to detain local drunks and people awaiting trial!
- Guests can enjoy a full afternoon in Royal Windsor, on this relaxed tour, beginning with free time for lunch. Visit one of the many cafes and restaurants in the quaint cobbled streets – with everything from cream teas to hot lunches there is something for every appetite.
- We reconvene for the final jewel in the crown – a visit to majestic Windsor Castle. The Castle is the oldest and largest occupied in the world and has been home to 40 Monarchs. Marvel at the Gold, see an original Van Dyck painting, discover life in miniature with Queen Mary’s Dolls House… and much more. Ever wanted to attend a Royal wedding? Within the Castle grounds is St. George’s Chapel, a 500-year-old medieval marvel and the setting of numerous Royal weddings. It is also the final resting place for many Kings and Queens, including Henry VIII, Charles I and Queen Elizabeth II.
- Your day concludes on arrival back to your hotel with an evening ahead of you at leisure.
- Your tour concludes after a delicious breakfast and check-out (11 am) at The Thistle Marble Arch hotel. We bid you a fond farewell and hope you will return to us on your next trip to the UK.
*On days where there is no Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, we will visit Horse Guards Parade.
While there is no evening dining on-site at your hotel in Bath, you will be in close proximity to a wide selection of restaurants.