3 days, 2 nights
- Unearth the iconic and mysterious site of Stonehenge
- See the tallest spire in England at Salisbury Cathedral
- Discover the natural spring at the heart of the Roman Baths
- Visit enchanting Lacock, a filming location for Harry Potter & Downton Abbey
- Enjoy two nights in Bath with plenty of time to relax and unwind
- Explore majestic Windsor Castle, home to the British Monarchy
- See Queen Elizabeth II’s burial ground at St. George’s Chapel
- Visit the scene of Royal Weddings from ancient times to present day
- Travel on a luxury motorcoach with WC on board
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Bath (4 star equivalent)
- 2 x Breakfast in Bath
- Services of an expert Guide
- Entry to Stonehenge with an audioguide
- Entry to the Roman Baths with an audioguide
- Walking tour of Salisbury
- Optional walking tour of Bath
- Walking tour of Lacock
- Entry to Windsor Castle with a multi-media guide
- Gratuities (discretionary)
- Transfers before or after your tour
- Lunch & dinner
- Entry to Salisbury Cathedral
- Entry to Lacock Abbey
Tour starts: 8:00am: Meet your Guide in the lobby of the Thistle Marble Arch, Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH on Level 1 for boarding. The tour will depart promptly at 8:30am.
Tour finishes: 6:30pm approximately at the Thistle Marble Arch, Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH. The closest tube station is ‘Marble Arch’ served by the Central Line.
- Join your Tour Director at Marble Arch and begin your voyage of discovery into historic England. Leaving Our first stop is Stonehenge - a must see symbol of Britain and one of the true wonders of the world. Our tour allows you time to not only visit the Monument but enjoy the world class visitor centre - and its many historic artefacts that give a clue to their ancient past. Take some time to visit the gift shop with its numerous unique items or grab a coffee in the on-site café.
- Close by is the medieval city of Salisbury, home to its stunning Cathedral, adorned with its incredible spire. At 123m high it is the tallest in the entire country. On arrival into Salisbury you will be wowed by the sheer size and spectacle of the Cathedral and enjoy a walking tour of the exterior with your Guide before enjoying free time for lunch.
- In the late afternoon we visit the stunning setting of Bath and home for the next two nights on your tour. One of the most picturesque parts of the country, Bath has numerous highlights from Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, the Holburne Museum (a ‘Bridgerton’ filming location) and gorgeous Sydney Gardens.
- Check into your 4* hotel located right in the heart of the City and enjoy your evening at leisure – the city’s numerous restaurants have an option for all appetites.
- After a delicious breakfast, take a leisurely stroll with your Guide to visit the Roman Baths – before the crowds. Walk in the footsteps of the Romans and explore one of the finest spas of the ancient world. Located below street level you will descend to the site of the Sacred Spring. Naturally hot water of up to 46 degrees Celsius rises here every day, as it has for over 2,000 years. Don’t miss the gilt bronze head of the Goddess Minerva – one of the most important finds of Roman Britain.
- Following your departure from the Roman Baths, and free time for lunch, you can choose to join an optional walking tour of Bath with your guide or enjoy Bath independently. Your evening is yours to enjoy at leisure in this wonderful city.
- The final day of your tour begins with a visit to Lacock village – a location that has inspired many film productions. Enjoy a walking tour with your Guide of some of its highlights including a 14th century Tithe Barn, and an 18th century village lock-up, once used to detain local drunks and people awaiting trial!
- Guests can enjoy a full afternoon in Royal Windsor, beginning with free time for lunch. Visit one of the many cafes and restaurants in the quaint cobbled streets, serving everything from cream teas to hot lunches.
- We reconvene for the final jewel in the crown – a visit to majestic Windsor Castle. The Castle is the oldest and largest occupied in the world and has been home to 40 Monarchs. Marvel at the Gold, see an original Van Dyck painting, discover life in miniature with Queen Mary’s Dolls House… and much more. Ever wanted to attend a Royal wedding? Within the Castle grounds is St. George’s Chapel, a 500 year old medieval marvel and the setting of numerous Royal weddings. It is also the final resting place for many Kings and Queens, including Henry VIII, Charles I and Queen Elizabeth II.
- Your tour concludes on our arrival into London (Marble Arch). We bid you a fond farewell and hope you will return to us on your next trip to the UK.